Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bennett Coming to Kansas State


Jason Bennett, a 7-foot-3 Center from Jacksonville, FL has signed a letter of intent to play for the Wildcats and Coach Bob Huggins.

Bennett averaged 12.5 points, 13 rebounds and 8 blocks last year and led Arlington Country Day High School to a second consecutive Class 2A state championship.

Bennett had verbally committed to Cincinnati last year but decided to follow Huggins to Kansas State.

"I saw what they did with their big man as far as teaching him and helping him gain weight and get stronger," Bennett said during a signing ceremony at his high school. "Coach Huggins has gotten a lot of players to the NBA. I think he can get another one there."

"I know I have to improve my offense - my jump shot and my moves in the post," Bennett said. "I feel comfortable with where my defense is, but my scoring has to get better."

“Jason is going to be the centerpiece of what we build in the future here at Kansas State,” said Huggins. “He is an outstanding shot blocker. He has a great presence around the goal and that will enable us to do more offensively. I fully expect Jason to come in and contribute immediately to this program. He is going to get nothing but bigger, stronger and better as we move closer to the fall.”

No comments: